Thursday, March 01, 2007

Beginnings of a Bag and a Little Chivalry after and Attack




After making so many knitted hats of late, I decided make a felted bag. I love the one Peg did and I go crazy for the ones at a local knitting store, so I decided to get started. A friend wanted to learn to knit, so we are doing these bags side by side, sort of. To ensure success we both got good, basic yarn. We started with two colors of Lamb's Pride wool and will get artsy by adding in a Noro yarn. You can see how the Noro is looking once I carried it with the solid color. I thought it would be a more distinct band, but instead it is more transitional. I carried the Noro with the periwinkle for a time, then switched over to the fusha. It helped things blend better. I am very happy with how it is coming along. I am excited to get it done. Currently my knitting rides around in a plastic bag from the store. It will be wonderful to have a nice felted one instead.

On a different note, I want to praise my husband. Yesterday we had Parent Teacher Conferences. My first conference was the meeting from hell. It proves that teaching HS seniors can be a dangerous, threatening business at times. I will not go into the details. We will leave it with you knowing that a student lied to his mother. She wanted to rip me in half because she thought the lie was true. The UNFOUNDED verbal and nearly physical attack was bad enough that people from all around the room stopped to watch. Another person went to get an administrator to stop the attack. The administrator had to take her by the arm and remove her. As they exited she was screaming that she would have me disbarred (never mind that teachers do not take the bar exam - thatwould be lawyers!) Once it was done, I was upset. I went to a private room where cried and vented. In my 17 years of teaching I have never been treated in such a way. If I was not so mad, I would be embarrassed for the scene they caused for themselves. Anyhow, I called my husband telling him I needed him to be available to talk when I got home. I would need some TLC. I also told him that I did not have a scrapper in my car. I was not sure how I would clean the snow and ice off of my car. Later when I went to my car I found that my dear husband had come to my car, scrapped it off and left me a new scrapper along with a paper flower my daughter made. What a great feeling that was. Isn't it wonderful that chivalry isn't dead? At least not within my family. So I went home to cry a bit more and find comfort in the love of my husband.

No comments: