Sunday, March 18, 2007

Magnets, Parties and Wonderful, Dark Earth




During the fall Target had put everything from the dollar spot on 75% clearance. I picked up many things, including these large magnetic clips. They originally had the logos from popular cereal brands on them. I cover them with fun papers. The bird one was a postcard from a gallery opening. The others are made with scrapbooking paper that I really love. One of these days I may simply have to copy the idea of the flowers onto a quilt. I made them slightly 2D by cutting out important images and mounting them with foam tape. I then covered all of it with Mod Podge and let it dry. The next day I embellished them with rhinestones and fibers. Ellie hopes that I keep all of them. I think she really hopes that the bird one might become hers.

Saturday we had our annual triple birthday party for my husband, my daughter and my mother in law. We had the whole family over for dinner and fun. We had great food. Doug made Chinese Green Beans - a recipe worth looking up. Ellie got some fun gifts, including a wonderful kit to make a paper 3D Elephant. I will post about that later.

On Sunday Ethan and I worked in the garden. We find freshly tilled soil to be a beautiful thing. Today it was heavenly. We thought it would be hard going, like usual, but this year it was very easy. It seems that having the soil under many feet of snow for a few months is the key to easy tilling. We took out the old dead stuff, worked on the soil and even planted a few things. So far we have three kinds of beets, two kinds of carrots, two kinds of peas and about six kinds of lettuce.

No comments: