Friday, September 28, 2007

Borders Book Store: Teacher Event & I Win a Prize




This picture is another poster from the Dog Tooth Coffee Shop in Colorado Springs. It is a bit too cutesy for my house, but I really love the design elements present. I like how the background was dissected and the combination of stripes and polka dots. You gotta love polka dots! I included it because I thought you might enjoy it, too.


This evening I went to the special event Border's Books was hosting for teachers. You could get anything (except magazines) for 25% off. They also had fun samples from Seattle Coffee and some raffle prizes. I won and got to select something. It was hard to pick. There were posters, a jelly belly dispenser, a neat Harry Potter book bag with books young kids would like, some informational books on things like space travel or Egypt. I select the lovely gift bag from Seattle Coffee. I won a big bag of coffee beans, a really nice travel mug, a ceramic mug, chocolate covered espresso beans, coffee house mints and a really fun container of gum. I thought it was the best gift. I am actually (okay well, mostly likely) going to save most of it as a present for my mother. She loves good coffee, but never buys it for herself. I am very tempted to keep the travel mug. In the winter I have tea on my way to work. Right now I use my Celestial Seasonings cups. I am very happy with them, so we will see what I will do. Maybe if I leave all but the gum and mints in the bag, I will be less tempted. I am going to have the gum. It comes in a really fun tall, round tin that has a fun graphic on the inside of the lid. You see I have this silly love of containers. I sometimes buy mints just for the box. If you sat at my desk at work you might think I was a gum and mint freak. They are actually filled with paper clips (plain, colored and striped - each in their own box, of course). A few have other odds and ends. I was also oh so very tempted by the wonderful Halloween cards. They had two that I almost bought. Now I really wish I had. My absolute favorite is one with long elegant witchy legs wearing striped leggins, fun boots and a black cat. She has a great skirt on that is glittered. You can see it at the Papyrus Online shop. I does not look like much in the photo, but it is so much fun in real life. I think I would display it at school and make a quilt in its likeness at home, complete with layers of tulle and glitter. If you follow the link you will also find a fun cat made from a patterned paper. As I write this, I think it was sort of silly to not get them. At the time it seemed kind of silly to buy myself some cards. I usually get one or two great ones in the mail each year. We will have to see what happens this year. Oh the temptations.
Okay, enough chatter - I have to go cook now. Happy prehalloween plotting and dreaming!

No comments: