Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's a Beutiful Day In Colorado

It was a perfect day in Colorado today - not too hot, cold, windy, etc.
So we took in a cyclocross race and went rock climbing. The race course was very technical, but a whole lot of fun, too. It had several steep hills that many kids had to run up. Some would try to ride up them and end up spinning their wheels. I was proud of both of my kids. They were awesome. I was not sure Ethan would race. After all he had his no- sleep party Friday night and did not get to bed until after nine on Saturday. He was not in top form, but he still came in seventh. Ellie ran a hard race and earned a nice second place metal. She has quite the collection of them these days.

Next we headed down to Red Rock Canyon Open Space in Colorado Springs to go rock climbing. I had high hopes of sitting comfortably in my camping chair and working on my cross stitch, but I was too engrossed in watching the rest of my family, and my brother in law and nephew climb, so I got little done. The dog had fun, too. There were so many new smells and dogs to meet. I think she has new material for dreams for quite a while.

I do hope to get some crafting done some time soon. I began to work on an assemblage in a shadow box frame for Ellie's friend's birthday. I will post on that as soon as there is something to show and tell about.

No comments: