Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Eulogy for My Digital Camera

This little bit of eye candy has no actual connection to my topic of the day, but I loved it and so I thought it was worth sharing. It is found in the Ladies room at Dog Tooth Coffee in Colorado Springs. I love the small touches of the polka dot material in an otherwise very minimal style. I adore this kind of art, but can't seem to create it myself as I just don't always seem to know where to stop. The bathroom was basically fashioned around the colors of this poster. I loved that idea.

Today my camera died. :( Actually, I am not sure if it is the camera or the battery. Either way, I believe that it has taken its last photo. We were at a really fun, semi-muddy race when it refused to keep its shutter open. Poor little thing tried, but it just wouldn't stay open. I can't really complain. We've had it for at least 4.75 years and have taken thousands upon thousands of photos with it. I know that I've taken over a thousand at just bike races this season so far. I will try another of my backup batteries before I declare it totally deceased.

So now I am learning a new language, the language of digital camera-speak." You know ISO?" "How about optical zoom versus digital zoom..." and so on. There are so many sources of information for suggestions that it will take a while to digest it all and figure it out. Any suggestions? I am presently leaning towards a Canon. I hear their cameras are great for fast moving action shots - like kids on racing bikes.

No comments: