Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Home Tour - Not the Kitchen





It is funny how different things look in photo from how they look in person. My bookshelf is much more fun in person. One of my favorite items (which is hard to see in the photo) is my Halloween tree. I think it is tres cool! We used to make a simple Halloween village up there, but it has given way to many things, like my ravens, nutcracker witch and the fake vintage minipails. The next picture features one of my fun additions - cookie cutters that allow you to make a witch, cat, pumpkin or haunted house that stands up. The recipe is weird, tasty and not good for the cookies, but I aim to try another recipe. I love fun cookie cutters. The formal teak table sports some really fun things. The centerpiece is a tray I made with the paint-your-own-ceramics stuff one year when Natalie and her family came. The kids were young enough that their hands still fit in the space. I then made them look like little frankenstiens. It is labeled "Frankenellie" and "Ethanstein." They love to compare sizes each year. I also have fun, new dishes from Target. I could not decide between the glittery black plastic plates for the ones (more childish) that has a spider web on it. So, I went for two of each. I am hoping there will still be some after Halloween. Eventually I would like less cute stuff, but this is fun, too.
Last night we made Ellie yet another costume. This one is the Watermelon Fairy. It is quite a contrast. This one is Hot Pink and Electric Lime Green, complete with feather boas. She will come with me to Trick or Treat Street at my school this evening and wear it. I am hopeful that the weather on Halloween will cooperate and that she will be able to sport most of her costume. I promise to do a photo shot and show you what I am talking about.

No comments: