Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Carving Party Invitations

For years now we have hosted a potluck and pumpkin carving party. It is a lot of fun. Originally it was a soup and bread potluck. I made unusual squash or pumpkin based soup and make a fun bread. I found during the last few years that I needed to expand what people could bring. I think this will be our 7th year doing our party. The photo here shows some of the invitations I made. The main image is from scrapbooking paper by Rusty Pickle. The images are artsy and wonderful. I wish you could see them better. I attached a silk leave and two silk petals to the corner. The solid shape are those new double sided stickers that are then covered with glitter. I went a bit nuts with them. The thing about me is that you can always tell when I get a new craft "toy." I like the way the cards came out, though they are not my best composition ever. The inside sports a skeleton with a jagged knife. I love the non-cutesy feel of the cards. Tomorrow we set up the house. We will cover all of the tables with tacky cheap, plastic table clothes, set out large bowls for pumpkin guts and arrange our collection of carving tools. Ethan will put together a disc of music. Ellie will muse over the final tweaking of the decorations. By the time our heads hit the pillows we will have a party waiting in the wings. Carve On!

No comments: