Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe



As much fun as we have biking, rock climbing and such, I must admit that like my time at home, too. This was the first evening at home in oh, about 2.5 weeks. We spent Friday- Sunday at Junior Cyclocross camp up at Snow Mountain Ranch. It was a wonderful, exhausting adventure. The kids had an absolute blast. I spent my time helping make things went smoothly and learning the ins and outs of putting on such a camp. The biggest deal with learning how to score and rank races. I have a large learning curve ahead for me on that skill. Also, my dear friend Beth, the Queen Mother of biking in Colorado has resigned her post as the executive director of the American Cycling Association. Myself and two other people managed to pull off a surprise gratitude ceremony at the end. She could not have been more honored and that is just how I wanted it. Last night we did the last of a midweek race series. Ellie won a pair of tires. Both kids go ice cream certificates. We will miss the series, but I will not miss the 1.5 hour drive each way. This evening I have been making a mountain of cookies and a nice dinner. Here's the main dish:
Honey Mustard Chicken ala Aunt Lynne
2 TBL. Butter
4 Chicken Breasts, cut up (boneless thigh meat works nicely as well)
1/2 cup Apple Juice (or more)
2 TBL. Honey Mustard (I make my own from yellow mustard and clover honey)
3 TBL Peanuts, chopped for a topping
Flour & Chicken Broth to extend gravy
Saute the chicken in butter. Add the honey mustard and the apple sauce. Mix well. Cover and let cook until done. Remove chicken to platter. Add more liquid to make gravy, or thicken what is there with flour.
Goes nicely with rice and edamame.
The photos here are from a quilt I have been working on. I am hoping to add to it this weekend.

No comments: