Thursday, October 04, 2007

October is FInally Here!!!

I love, no, I adore Halloween. I like the silly decorations, the costumes. I like all of it. This year I celebrate the beginning of the season with some great Halloween prints. Most of them came from the quilt store. I have a batik with orange and black skeletons. I have two kinds of skull fabric. I have cob web fabric. I have glow-in-the-dark fabric. I even have "Day of the Dead" fabric. I kind of kick myself on that one. When the store first had it they had the blue one you see here and several other colors. I regret that I did not buy some cuts of the other "Day of the Dead" fabric when I saw it first. The store had gotten in the shipment in the early summer. I just didn't feel like buying that kind of fabric. I wanted the hot summer colors instead. Oh well, lesson learned.

Some of my inspiration comes from a blog I noticed last fall. Unfortunately I did not have the wherewithall to notice which one. The person made a simple and wonderful table runner with similar fabric. If anyone remembers it, I'd love to see that entry again.

Anyhow, I am still excited for the season. We will start the month out with a blast. We will be a Cyclocross camp in the mountains for three days. We will go from the 85 degree day we have to a drizzly drive and finally to lovely snow. The kids can't wait. Ethan says doing cyclocross in good weather is just plain weird.

I am hoping to get some my cross stitch done while we are there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great time this weekend! Can't wait to see what your create for all that fabulous fabric!!