Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Mamma Mia!" Movie Fun


Yesterday Ellie and I, okay actually I, decided that we needed to escape the extreme heat that has been sweeping our state. I am simply tired of being H-O-T! Even at night it is still HOT! A movie seemed in order and Connie told me that I would really enjoy "Mamma Mia!", the movie based on songs by ABBA. And boy was she right. It was SO MUCH fun. Ellie had us sit in the very back. She said that she wanted to see what it was like to be at the very top. I think she secretly knew that I would have to sing along to all of the songs and instead of pleading me to not sing, she simply seemed to plan for it. The average age in the theater had to be about 65+, so her cool factor was not in danger of being spoiled by her dorky mother who loves to sing along with songs she knows. I think the movies that are made from a series of songs in simply genius. Oh and can I tell you, I think this is my absolutely my favorite role for Meryl Streep. What an actress she is. Just compare this to "Sophie's Choice." You could tell she loved it, too. You can bet I will see this one again. Oh, and yes, how nice it is that I already have most of the music on my IPOD. It is a total middle-age chick flick (not that I actually feel middle aged, even at 43. :)

No comments: