Thursday, July 03, 2008

Taken This Broken Wing and Learn to Fly...









This morning was a great day to see flowers and dogs during my bike ride. I rode down to North Cherry Creek. I usually go to Whole Foods and have something to drink then head back home. Today there seemed to be a fire on the roof of the building. The alarm was sounding, the employees were in the parking lot and the fire hoses were connected to the fire hydrant. I skipped that scene and rode around looking at the preparations for the Cherry Creek Arts Festival that will happen this weekend. Along the way I got to pet a Harlequin Great Dane, a geriatric poodle and a set of cocker spanail puppies. The flowers were in all their glory, especially the mums and those in the daisy family.

I thought you might be interested in seeing what is happening in my PhotoShop CS3 class. Here is my midterm project and most of the photos I used to get there. The class is still kicking me in the butt, but it is getting easier. It is a rendition of "Blackbird" by The Beatles. Creating it was sort of like trying to sew in the wind. I knew where I wanted to go artistically, but not knowing the progrma as readily I a wish I did made the process clunky. I still enjoyed it although it was difficult and I did not end up with what I wanted. I do like what I ended up with.

No comments: