Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Cherry Creek Arts Festival 2008 - Birds

Here are a few more wonderful pieces I enjoyed while at the festival. I think the artists that I enjoyed the most (though this is hard to say since most of them were so interesting and engaging!) were the husband and wife team that create clay works, such as this statue. They make the statues out of clay and one it has dried enough they texture the birds with household brushed such as a vegetable scrubber, an old tooth brush, etc. The ravens each had such a strong personality. You could tell they loved what they made. I hope they did brisk business.
This artist was also delightful. I appreciated her minimal style, one that I could not do.
I love this one because of all of the color and fun energy it exudes.
These are really interesting in person. The artist puts down paint and then pulls some of it back off with things like newsprint, cellophane, etc. It has a great textural quality that does not come through here.
This one has some lovely subtleties that don't come through in this photo. It is a great use of mixed media that has balance.
I love these for the fun colorful energy that they have.
I will add links soon.

No comments: