Friday, April 05, 2013

Colorado Teen Literature Committee and Author Pre-Conference Dinner Party

The last two days have been a whirl wind. Last night Ellie, Kohlton and I worked the premier showing of, "Single Track High" which is a documentary about high school mountain bike racing.

After work I dropped the kids off at the Golden Bike Park so they could ride with the team and have a BBQ. I scurried off to the Colorado Teen Literature committee and author pre-conference dinner party. It is always a lot of fun. We talked books, of course, and swapped stories about how we met our soul mates.

Here I am with Emily Hainsworth, Jay Asher and Lauren Oliver.

The book suggestions I walked away with included:
Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Half a Life by Darin Strauss
The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson walker
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Allie Saenz

I will be introducing Lauren as the morning keynote speaker. I loved her books, especially the Delirium trilogy, a dystopic love story.

Jay Asher is our afternoon keynote speaker. His book is clever, thought provoking and popular. I had a hard time getting my hands on one since they kept getting stolen from our library.

Emily Hainsworth is one of our local authors.

I'll be up and out of the house very early to get the conference set up. I have a back seat full of candy that will decorate the 53 tables in the main hall.

No comments: