Thursday, August 22, 2013

Young Love is So Romantic - Ellie Celebrates Kohlton's 17th Birthday

Kohlton turns 17 this weekend and Ellie wanted to make sure that Kohlton felt celebrated and special. And my, did she do a great job. School starts on Monday for them, so they spent today celebrating. It started out with a nice breakfast, then a mountain bike ride at Bear Creek Lake Park, home and then to the circus. She also made a super special birthday present.

She spent many, many hours of joy creating this special momento box.Ellie started out with a plain wooden box and a wood burning tool from the craft store. She decorated the outside of the box. It smelled nice all afternoon.Then she went through and printed photos, made copies of tickets from events they attended, momentos from the events and organized them into dated envelopes.
For example, in March the kids attended the Volbeat concert. The bass guitarist gave Ellie his pic. Ellie make a copy of it and attached that with a grommet and colored thread to the photo.
Wonderful things like this remind me that there is love, magic and hope in the world. :)

After a quick dinner the kids also went to the Zoppe' Family Circus. I am excited to hear what it was like. They are in town for a few more days and I may need to go as well.



-----------
On a completely different note, here's what the kids are watching and enjoying:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,
Natalie told me about your blog. She knew I would love it -and she was right! I am so inspired by all your creativity. I'm not sure how you fit it all in, but I love seeing the pictures and posts. They are very inspiring.

Hope you are having a great start to the school year, and enjoying your new school.

Best of luck!
Brandi Stevens