Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bunnies & Chocolate Swap and some Ducklings


Friday was a long day at the end of a long week. It was capped off with a great, unanticipated surprise. I had signed up for the Operation Haremail Swap a while ago. The mailing date was Friday, so I was not expecting to get my package until midweek next week. What I received kind of felt like a small birthday. My sender, Cynthia Witmer, had taken the time to wrap up most of the gifts. They were fun to unwrap. You can see pictures of the before and after here. Ellie was thrilled with the stack of bunnie figurine. She said she needed to have that. I am thrilled with the hot pad with the realistic rabbit on it. I tend the like that kind of thing. She also sent me a cute set of note cards and minicookie cutters. Another thing I will enjoy is the bunny post-it note pad magnet. One of my favorite parts was the silk flower petals covered with clear glycerin soap. I think they will be wonderful for special events, like when we have company. I want to make some myself. Of course she included chocolate as well - two different chocolate bunnies. Ethan was sure I needed help dealing with those. I fell very lucky to have received such a thoughtful gift. I hope the person who sent to Cynthia was also thoughtful towards her.

Next up are some of the little hand sewn ducklings Ellie and I made while on the road trip. It was a nice project to work on while driving in the vast lands of New Mexico. The pattern was from a blog, though the link is on my other computer so I can't attach the link - sorry about that. They are all of about 2 1/2" tall. Ellie made the pink one. I had fun making the others. Some of them are sitting in a little egg cart. That came from my favorite store in Taos, "Paper Day" on Bent Street. I went there three times in two days. The woman working the store was so much fun to talk with. If I lived in Taos, I am sure we would be fast friends. She and I like so many of the same things. The store is definitely worth your time. The other picture has more of the ducklings I made, along with a tiny rabbit that is made of tea stained muslin. They were a lot of fun. I have also finished the things I made for the person I sent to in the swap, but I will post those once she has received them.

No comments: