Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bunnis ala Jennifer Murphy - WIPs



On Saturday I encountered Posie's (of Posie Gets Cozy blog) photo of the bunny she had made. She offered the link from Jennifer Murphy's site where there is a tutorial. When I saw this, I knew I had to make some. I was happy to use the handy little tools I have for making pompoms. I always finding it interesting how several people can use the same information and end up with very different products. My bunnies are a bit more chunky than hers, though I think they are all very cute. Her tutorial calls for a skirt made from cupcake papers. While it is cute, I found it hard to work with. Had I been new to crafting, I would have thought myself inept and possibly quit. However, being firm in my ability to craft, I decided to sew the skirts instead. I like the result much better. Ellie is having fun designing things for each bunny girl to hold. They are not yet finish and already we have plans for more. I will be taking part in a silent auction for a friend who has a baby boy with extreme birth defects. I will offer up some of these beauties to try and help fund two hearing aids for dear baby Sean.

No comments: