Monday, April 16, 2007

Penny's Gift for Operation Haremail




Art has a way of having a life of its own. You'd think that you were in charge, but often, you are not. The results take you in directions and places you never expected. Such is the case with this box that I made for Penny. I love how it came out, but it is not at all what I had planned. I had imagined something that was a lime green with a garden scene and some fun words, all done in very spring like, sherbert like colors. The green I created has a different hue and personality to it, so it was more fallish in tone. But, I still really like how it came out. On the front it says, "Inspire" using letters I cut out using my Cricut machine and the Printing Press cartridge. I also made her a hand carved rubber stamp of a jumping rabbit. This was inspired by some scrapbooking paper from a Japanese company. I also made a cover for a post-it note pad using paper that matches the box. My friend Peg sent one to me and I enjoy it, so I thought that Penny might like one, too. The other items were store bought goodies - little containers of glitter and confetti, bunny socks, a stuffed bunny, a card and a candy bar which did not make it into the photo because I picked it up on my way to the post office.

No comments: