Monday, February 18, 2008

Fushia Rep Weave and Heroes



This has been the weekend I have been waiting for. We got a lot of work done, but we also had some fun. We slept in. We went grocery shopping at a liesurely pace. I finally got my loom dressed and I began to weave.
I love the way rep weave looks (also called rapsmatta weaving) so I read part of a book on the topic, talked to my weaving friend and gave it a go. I am not sure I am doing it correctly, but I am having fun doing it. It is turning out more fushia-ish than I had expected. I thought the purple would come through stronger. It reminds me of spring.
While I was weaving my kids watched "Heroes," a show on NBC about people with special powers. It is a silly premise, but the show is still fun to watch. I like the Japanese guy, Heroe, the best.
I also worked on a gift for a friend at work who is going to have a baby some time soon. I make a special photo album that features one page for each month for the first year of a baby's life. There are also a few other pages. I create the pages, list the month, do the embellishments, etch, but I do not attach the photo mats since I don't know which way the photos will be orientated. The idea is that you can put three photos in the book each month to chart the first year. It is a very popular present, especially among those who don't feel like they are very creative. I also make them for my friends when they become grandmothers.
And we played with the kitties a lot, of course.

No comments: