Friday, February 29, 2008

Fontalicious Fun and Fancy Dog Crate Covers





This is one of those weeks where I have been busy every night. Last night I had Parent/Teacher conferences and was at school for 14 hours straight. The night before that was Women Cyclist Night at Wheat Ridge Cyclery. Ellie and I helped to represent the Junior National Cycling Association. The event was a blast. Colorado is a megacenter for amazing women cyclists and it showed. Nothing like hob-nobbing with the pros. We even got cool schwag (free giftie type stuff) from some of the vendors. Our favorite would have to be the multitool from Trek. The night before that I was Mama's Taxi Service which seems to be on call often. The night before that was Honor Court at Boy Scouts. Well, you get the idea... The end result is that I am stir crazy today. We still have stuff to do that will keep me away from where I can be creative. Thus, I must fulfill the need for creativity in another way. Today that way is inspirational links. First up is an amazing site, Kevin and Amanda.com. I could spend lots of time on her blog. One section of her "What's New!" segment showcases the dog crate covers she made. Her scrapbooking room makes me inspired to clean mine. (I am pretty sure there is a table in there somewhere. I used to be more organized until I can kids!) She has a section called Fonts for Peas where she takes a person's handwriting and turns it into a font. I might have to try it. My fun handwriting might be too unruly for it to work. We'll see. Somehow I then found another fontalicious site with more free fonts such as Scriptina. That was found at Smash! magazine.It is serious fun!You might have to check those links out!


No comments: