Sunday, April 12, 2015

More Altered Book Art from Two Hands Paperie

Last Wednesday I went up to Two Hands Paperie, my favorite art store, to spend time with other artists working on our submissions for the call for altered book art. I didn't want to leave anything to chance, so I actually finished my piece before I went to the work night. I spent the evening admiring the art made by the others, teaching people a few helpful techniques and starting another altered book, which I may or may not actually finish.

It was really fun to see what Jennifer Ghormley did with the colored cones that a bunch of us help make at the community art making night about a month ago.

It was really something to view and think about. Jennifer printed the colored portions during one of the snow storms we had in January.
We helped make the forms at a Two Hands Community Art event. (Fun, Fun, Fun) and then I get to see this. I think about all of the measuring and ladder work it took to install it. It took her two days to put it all up. I am impressed by her art.

I also took photos of the submissions for the altered book exhibit and contest. I thought you might like to see those, too.
This is "Sea Foam." It is made by Jeane. She told a great story about making her piece. I loved the part about her going to Whole Foods to by a Red Snapper, then taking it home to prepare the bones for her sculpture. It took her weeks. She even referenced video instructions by an 11 year old boy who is a sort of bone preserving expert. I loved watching her talk about her creation.

I did not get to meet any of the other artists, but I did get to see their art.

It is exciting to anticipate what might be the next art making event.

No comments: