I have finally finished the piece that I created for the Altered Book contest and display over at Two Hands Paperie. I had such fun making it. I had never created a book sculpture before, but I have a long history of making small scale replicas out of paper. Making the lighthouse and the ship were pretty easy. Creating the water, now that was a challenge. I loved doing it all.
I also love adding light to the sculpture. I used a tiny set of LED lights to accomplish this.
Ellie, my faithful encourager and avid photographer took great pictures of my piece before I delivered it. Kohlton says that this piece is his favorite piece of art that I have created, so far.
I spent the evening at Two Hands at a work session. I made other things since my book sculpture was done. In my next posting I will share photos of the other entries.
Tonight I might make cheese enchiladas.
2 tablespoons canola oil
4 corn tortillas
1 cup Mexican cheese blend
(Sauteed Red Onions)
1 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Verde
HERDEZ® Jalapeño Chiles
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x13inch baking pan with canola cooking spray.
2. In mediumlarge pan, heat 4 corn tortillas. When finished, lay them on top of each other to
keep them soft and heated.
3. Add 2 tablespoons cheese to one end of tortilla; roll and place seam side down in baking
dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and cheese.
4. Pour HERDEZ® Salsa Verde on top of enchiladas covering completely. Sprinkle remaining
cheese on top of enchiladas.
5. Bake 10 minutes. Garnish with jalapeño slices and cilantro.