Saturday, June 06, 2015

Frida & First Friday in Louisville - I am One of the Featured Artists! = Super Fun!

Last night there was a First Friday event in Louisville and it was the kick off party for the Frida Kahlo Celebration at Bella Frida. I was one of five featured artist and it was a super fun time. I was very excited. The event was also a Frida Kahlo costume party. Most of the artists dressed up a bit and the store was busy most of the night.
I made a tissue paper flower headband that I am very proud of. Ellie helped me get ready. I felt pretty snazzy.

One of my paintings was event the events cover page on the Bella Frida website.

I had my picture taken a bunch of times. I was able to talk about my art and learn about the artistic processes of the other featured artists. They were all very friendly. I may event trade some of my art for some of another artist's work. That is exciting, too! Here's the best way to sum up the evening:
I am leaving for Anderson Ranch to do another Encaustics workshop tomorrow and I am not even close to ready. It may be a late night, but I am so excited, that it may not matter since I may not be able to sleep much anyway!

Ellie and Kohlton are having an exciting evening at the Luke Bryan Kick Up The Dust Tour, including Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Randy Houser, Thomas Rhett, and Dustin Lynch down at the Sports Authority Field. They look like they are having a really wonderful time!

No comments: