Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fragrant Beef with Noodles Recipe & a DNC Tease






I love to read cookbooks like a novel. I do enough cooking that I can sense the sights, tastes and aromas of most of the recipes I read. I particularly loved reading Apples for Jam. We have tried out a few of the recipes and I have checked it out from the library three times now. Pretty soon they are going to demand that I give it back. I may eventually break down and buy this one. The recipe cards above are for a dish she calls "Spaghetti with Ground Beef." I renamed it here since that reminds me of Spaghetti with Marinara sauce. The recipe is easy, keeps well, makes the house smell wonderful and is very tasty. Both kids loved it. I hope you do, too. If you want to see the recipe better simply click on the card. That should pull up a larger version of them.

On an entirely different note, Ethan went with some friends to the Democratic National Convention (DNC) and had a grand time. He was lucky enough to attend the concert which featured bands like the Flobots, Rage Against the Machine and two others. He also took part in a protest march put on by Iraq Veterans Against War. Ethan has great stories and a few photos that I hope to share in my next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very awsome.

Anonymous said...

ive done something here to have you a few cents!