Sunday, September 28, 2008

Disney Book - A Great Beginning






Finding the perfect present for a parent is hard. Sometimes it feels nearly impossible. This year I have it all figured out.

When my Uncle Earl died a number of years ago he left my mother a bit of money. She had a dream that the family would go to Disneyland for a vacation. This inheritance made that possible. She saved the money for several years, waiting for the cousins to get old enough to enjoy and remember the vacation. My sister's kids had never been farther than an hour or two from home. I am not sure my brother's kids had ever been anywhere beyond Colorado and Wyoming. Indeed, many of them had never been on an airplane. It was a big deal. It was to be the trip of a life time - and it was! To mark and celebrate that occasion I am making a photobook for my mother for Christmas. After doing lots of research I have decided to go with Shutterfly. I was most impressed that they provided templates and guidelines to ensure your book would be lovely. Another bonus is that you can opt to have a full color wrap around cover at a reasonable price point.

It is a huge task. I have waded through the photos and made many bunches of related photos. From there I put them onto blank pages. Next, I tried to decided how I wanted to embellish them. I looked at tons of examples. I was feeling a bit intimidated by the whole digital scrapbooking thing. Then I found the solution when I was looking through the Shutterfly gallery. I search "Disney" and found many great ways to tackle such a project. In the end I decided on a very simple manner. Each page will have a backing that is an enlarged, very lightened photo. The full color, regularly sized images go on top of that and then the journaling is added. I was thrilled when I found a Walt Disney font from MyFont.de.

No comments: