Monday, November 30, 2009

A Little Photoshop Magic, A Gift from My Heart, in Part

I'm working hard on getting an important present done for Ethan. I am not sure that I will make the deadline. I'm having fun with it now that I have some sense of the artistic feel that I want for the book. Here are a few of the new pages.













Did you notice how some of them look like old photos? That is cool stuff I do to the photographs in Photoshop. The beach pictures have two textures applied with a hard light. I then erased some portions so that the pictures would still be clear. The textures I used on most of them are GrungeBox TOTD # 112 and Doctrine 9-24-09 TOTD # 75. These are both from the textures that SkeletalMess offers. He is the same guy who has the amazing blog, Shadowhouse Creations, that I featured yesterday. As I said, I applied a hard light burn to them. The fonts featured in most of the pages include "Bleeding Cowboy,"( Grungy, fancy font) "Michael" (typewriter font) and "Futura XBLK BT." I think you can find most or all of these on dafont.com for free. The fun flourishes come from a round brush that I love from the girls over at House of Three. The papers are from Lynne Grieveson's Antiquities Paper. I also used some bits of Katie Pertiet's Made to Remember templates. I love the stuff they have at Designer Digitals and House of Three.

No comments: