Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Pioneer Woman Comes to Denver




I have an entire list of blogs that I love to read each day. The funny thing is that I have very little in common with most of the bloggers that I read on a regular basis. One of my favorites is thepioneerwoman.com. I first learned about her from my friend, Natalie. I began reading it for the recipes that Natalie loved and then I became hooked. This past year we watched her work on writing a cookbook. Last night I got to meet her and get my copy of the book signed. The folks at the Tattered Cover expected about 40-50 people to show up. They sold all 350 copies of the book they had on hand and more people kept coming. She was lovely, humble and gracious, just as I expected.
I arrived almost an hour early and stood in the back of the room the entire time. She spoke briefly, took a few questions and then signed books. My turn came around 11:30 p.m. While I had not planned on waiting so long, I found wonderful people to talk to including Kate Wyman who is a local watercolorist. She came to buy a book for her daughter-in-law and will most likely become a reader. I also enjoyed the company of Carter who is a fellow foodie who creates The-Kitchenette.com blog. It is kind of silly that I waited so long, but it was fun, too.

No comments: