Friday, November 27, 2009

Starting to Feel a Little Like Christmas or Inspiration From Many Sources


This mosaic was a great find on Flickr. It is by "love stitchin red.

Today I am Thankful for a great family holiday. We had such fun and the food was great. It was our first major holiday with Eleanor. Don held up beautifully. Everyone else is off doing their own things. Larr is rock climbing, and what a fine day it is for that! Ethan is with Tom out skulking around and playing airsoft as well as trying out science experiment type stuff. Ellie could not wait to get into the Christmas shopping fray and see "Fantastic Mr. Fox." I waited for the dishwasher repair guy to show up. I had hoped to get a few scrapbook pages done, but was lacking creative vision. I spent time on Itunes instead. I had a lot of fun putting together a new holiday playlist. One fun new find was Straight No Chaser. Here they are singing "Christmas Can Can."


I followed this up by gathering stuff for the art class I am going to take tomorrow. I love spending time at the art store. I followed that with visits to a few hand-craft galleries here. I found these inspirational, too. Perhaps the links will help you get in the mood, too:


Twig and Thistle


Sarah Angst, artist

Some of Me Cards

Artists to Watch (Nick Wroblewski and Mary Azarian )



Nick Wroblewski

Skeletalmess - amazing photoshopped art
Here's his slideshow. I find his work so inspirational!


And finally,

No comments: