Saturday, July 24, 2010

Craft Room ReOrganization - After All of These Years

I have a lot of interests, which means I have a lot of stuff, especially in my craft room. I have thought about how to better organize it for years. Yesterday I finally put my ideas into action. Here's what I came up with:

This got most of the stuff off of my desk and into the fun buckets that I got on the dollar spot at Target earlier in the summer. They hang from a towel rack that I found Home Depot. I had intended to hang them with colored caribeaners, but they did not work out. I was not thrilled with the "S" hook as the buckets could slip off. In the end I am very happy with the fun ribbon. I think it is the best option.


The big deal here is the new wire basket system. I have longed for one of these for a few years. I had wanted an Elfa system, but it was too expensive for me. The one I wanted was about $400. Imagine my joy when I found an amazingly similar system at Home Depot. This one is by ClosetMaid and was about $110. They have a ton of options that allowed me to get just exactly what I wanted.

No comments: