Thursday, July 08, 2010

More Cherry Creek Inspiration and a Little Egg Drop Soup

Here are a few more fun and inspiring artists from the Cherry Creek Arts Festival:


Gail Pendergrass has some very lovely and really reasonably priced ceramics. I almost took some home with me!I love her use of color and shape.


The ceramic of Emily Dyer are a bit more whimsical and a lot of fun. I loved all of her bird imagery.

For total fun, check out Scot Cameron-Bell! Don't you love his work?!


It's been cold and rainy here for the last two days. We are really enjoying it. I hit the jackpot at the thrift store today when I found a skirt that I had wanted when it was $169 at Coldwater Creek (my favorite clothing store). I could not bring myself to buy it even when it was marked down to $89. Imagine my glee when I found a brand new one for $5.99 at ARC. That is one way to make my day!

After bike practice, the kids were cold and hungry. I fixed some lovely noodles that we got at the Pacific Market when we were at Sakura Square recently. Ellie whipped up a few bowls of Egg Drop Soup, her favorite. After trying lots of recipes she has settled one her go-to when she is in the mood:

Egg Drop Soup (Better than Restaurant Quality) from Allrecipes.com
Serves 1


Ingredients

* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch (optional)
* 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon water (optional)
* 2 egg, beaten
* 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
* 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
* 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
* 1 teaspoon ground white pepper (optional)

Directions

In a small saucepan, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Stir together the cornstarch and water to dissolve cornstarch; pour into the boiling broth. Stir gently while you pour in the egg and yellow food coloring if using. Season with chives, salt and pepper before serving.

No comments: