Monday, July 26, 2010

Flowers in My Garden

I've been taking photos of my flowers for a few week. Actually, these have been taken over the last five weeks. I find it refreshing and invigorating to notice the beauty of each on individually. I hope you enjoy it, too.


Artemisia is one of my absolute favorites. I love the way it feels when I run my hand over it.

This little campanula is a real surprise. I love the nearly neon glow of the color combination.

The foxgloves remind me of ladies in their ballgowns - such delicate beauty, but a bit fussy, too. They want to be the prema Donnas of my garden, usually demanding that they MUST BE WATERED FIRST!

I'm a foliage girl and hostas have a special place in my heart. This year, the year of the new automatic sprinkler system, have helped my hosta garden take off like never before.

The mock orange bush is glorious in its prime.

The old fashion roses have their time to shine, too. For a few weeks Ellie and I had small glass vases by our beds, in the dinning room and kitchen, full of these long blooming beauties.

Oh, peonies. I love everything about them, except their short flowering season. They are so lush and fragrant. This makes me long for the peony scented lotion.

The purple iris smell like grape koolaid, which transforms me to another more carefree time.

Finally, just one of the many varieties of salvia that I have planted in my garden.

Thanks for taking a garden tour with me. The vegetable garden will have its turn soon, too.

1 comment:

Ann Flowers said...

Stunning picture of the flowers, will definitely make my day. Keep posting.