Thursday, July 01, 2010

Farmer's Market Fun with Laura

Laura headed out to the farmer's market with me yesterday and boy, did we have fun!

She says it feels more like a festival than a farmer's market since there is so much more to see than just produce:

doesn't she look like she should be off to the derby? We didn't end up with the hat, but I did get a small basket to hold my knitting and she got a set of nesting baskets for her outings in the RV.

The produce was beautiful, as always. I got my usual potatoes, cauliflower and a small bunch of lovely flowers.



The fresh dill puts me in the mood for canning. I am thinking about going to a you-pick-it farm for strawberries some time soon.

We also stopped by one of my favorite booths, Amberbath.com. Her soaps and creams are nearly magical. Last year I bought enough at the end of the year to last me until this summer. Right now we have Lemonade, Chamomile and Candula, and Freckle Face available at our sinks. Laura got a wonderful body lotion. The woman who makes the stuff is so welcoming and such a hoot that visiting with her alone is worth the stop. I was happy to learn that some of her stuff can now be found at Whole Foods.




We topped of the day with lunch. I had a fabulous gyos and she spluged on sweet potato fries. What a day!

No comments: