Wednesday, November 23, 2011

An Emergency Appendectomy

This week has been peppered with many unexpected events that have turned things on their head.

On Friday my hard drive crashed. I spent a few days being upset about losing my photos for I had not backed everything up recently. Dell sent out a new hard drive. On Sunday our computer whiz friend discovered that it was only a corrupt operating system error and that the data is still all safe. He has hooked it up an an external USB reader and now I can access everything. A technian visited yesterday and installed the new hard drive. I am in the process of putting everything back in its place. Let's hope I have learned my lesson about backing stuff up!

Today my husband was woken up by a lot of pain in his abdomen. As I write this he is in surgery having an emergency appendectomy. It is all very routine, but scary nonetheless. I am thankful for the diversions I have as I wait for his surgery to be complete.I am thankful that my son is old enough to drive and a good enough boy to make himself available to help in any way I might need him to help. Larr will stay at the hospital tonight and then come home tomorrow near noon. We will have Thanksgiving in the late afternoon. I thought about canceling it, but I've already prepped so much of the food that it would need to be cooked anyway. We will simply set him up in the recliner.

No comments: