Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Small Purse for the School Auction

The school live and silent auctions ended on Monday. People were generous with their bids. I usually make jewelry, but this year I wanted to mix it up a bit.

I was smitten with the handmade bags over at 7 Layers Studio blog. I decided that I needed the patterns to make the Infinity Bags. Graciously she gave me permission to make them for sell since it was to benefit the school.

Ellie helped me pick out the fabric. We selected thicker material so that the bags would have some strength. As we began to assemble the choices we could tell that we had Katie in mind. We opted for black and white zebra, bright pink solid and multitone pink cheetah canvas prints. The button is from a vintage sweater that once belonged to my Aunt Zora. The photo is not really very complimentary, but the bag is pretty fun. I made it more useful by adding pockets on the inside. I also quilted the main body with hot pink thread. It was a fun touch, I must say.

We paired my bag with a box set of pink lip glosses and got a very nice price for it. Although several people placed bids, it did end up with Katie, just has we had thought might happen.

No comments: