Sunday, November 06, 2011

Shutterfly PARTAY

Wen I applied to host a Shutterfly Give and Get Joy party, I did not expect to be choosen. I was excited to receive the email and so I started planning right away. I was even more excited when my package of fun stuff arrived earlier than expected.
Ellie is wonderful with setting a lovely table and festive atmosphre so I asked for her help. I do a decent job, but I love watching her in action.

She has such a lovely eye and a sense of color, elegance, grace.

She has some mad skills with the camera, too. Oh, how I love my girl.

I wanted my guests to feel honored and special. We wanted to usher the upcoming season in with a gentle happiness and sense of creativity, a sense of can-do attitude. (Ellie will think it is dorky that I said that, but it is still true.)

I had considered paper plates and plastic silverware, but changed my mine. I'm so glad I did.


I invited a bunch of my girlfriends who take photos. I thought they might enjoy the freebies; gifts from Shutterfly. Each person received codes for a free photobook, 10 premium




Cranberry Spritzer
from: Cooking Light, December 2010

2 3/4 cups white cranberry juice drink (such as Ocean Spray) (I used 100% Cranberry Juice)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
12 mint leaves
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3 cups club soda, chilled
(1 1/2 cups white rum - I did not include this)
Pomegranate Seeds
Crushed ice

Preparation

1. Combine cranberry juice, sugar, rosemary, and 12 mint leaves in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Strain juice mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Stir in lime juice; cover and refrigerate.
2. Combine juice mixture, club soda, (and rum) in a large pitcher; stir well to combine. (optional - place pomegranate seeds in each glass along with a small quarter of a slice of lime) Serve mixture over crushed ice. Serve immediately.

Maureen Callahan, Cooking Light
DECEMBER 2010







No comments: