Monday, July 22, 2013

Back to Normal

It was a wild weekend. We had the summer party on Friday. On Saturday I went to the Outdoor Art event at Meininger's Art store. I had a lot of fun playing with spray paint, paint markers, etc. It kind of made me want to make a large piece of art. Here are a few pictures from that event.
Saturday afternoon and evening Ellie and Kohlton went to the Kenny Chesney "No Shoes Nation" Tour which also featured Eric Church, who was their favorite performer of the night. It was a big 5 band deal lasting from 4:30- 11:30 p.m.

On Sunday I went to a BBQ party to benefit AVS.

It was all fun, but I am happy to have a bit of quiet now. I indulged in finishing the book that I started recently. It was The Fault in Our Starts by John Green. When I sat down, I had not intended to finish it, but I just could not help myself. It was so nice to just sit and read. It is an engaging love story about two teens who meet in a Cancer Support Group.

This is a trailer for the movie made by a fan:


Here's a very clever video made by a talented young man who was inspired by the book.

No comments: