Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Dinner with My Dad, Happy Ellie Building Trails and a Pasta Recipe

My dad came over for dinner last Thursday. I was thrilled that he made time to join us. I don't really know my dad, but I really want to.
I showed him my art and Ellie's art. We talked about the art that he does. We talked about what has been going on in our lives.
It was a lovely evening after a hot day. We had dinner outside on the patio. I made Caprese Salad, Pasta with Sausage and Cream Sauce and grilled corn. I had hoped to make a nice dessert, but ran out of time. It turned out that fruit flavored popsicles were a hit.
----------
Ellie is happy in her job maintaining and building hiking trails in the foothills and mountains of Jefferson County.

----------
Pasta with Sausage and Cream Sauce
from: Creme de Colorado Cookbook by the Junior League of Denver. , p. 137

1/4 cup Butter
1 1/2 cup Sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
2 cups Heavy Cream (I used 1/2 and 1/2, heavy cream would have been better, smoother)
1 cup Dry White Wine
1 TBL Parsley, fresh, minced
1/2 tea Nutmeg
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated (not the powdery stuff)
12 oz. Pasta, cooled al dente, drained
1/2+ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated (not the powdery stuff)
1 TBL Parsley, fresh, minced

In a large skillet, melt the butter and cook the sausage until it is brown. Remove the sausage and drain the grease. Return the sausage to the skillet and stir in the cream, wine, 1 TBL parsley, nutmeg and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Simmer for 3=4 minutes. Place the pasta in a warmed dish. Stir in 2=3 TBL of the sausage sauce, stirring to coat the pasta. Pour the remaining sauce on top of the pasta, topping that with another 1/2+ cup of Parmesan cheese and 1 TBL parsley.




No comments: