Friday, July 03, 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday, Aurora!

My grand niece, Aurora, turns two tomorrow. (The funny thing is that her mother was born on Christmas Eve - they seem to like holidays.) My mother asked me to make a cake for the celebration, and I was happy to do so. I wanted something really cute and special. I want her mother to know that she is loved.
I also made a light-up "A" and a birthday crown for Aurora because every girl needs to feel important. They were fun to make. I did some serious glittering last night.
I was inspired by the one that Posie, over at Posie Gets Cozy, made for her little girl. I was surprised at how hard it was to find nice,somewhat realistic plastic animals.

We celebrated by having a party at my mother's house.
Poor little Aurora did not feel very well between not being able to breathe very well because of allergies and the pain she must be feeling since she has at least one molar coming it. It was great to get a chance to visit with the family, especially my brother and his girlfriend, Ebony.

It was fun to make little girl things for Aurora.

No comments: