Monday, July 20, 2015

Cirque du Soleil - Kurios: Cabinet of Curiosities

I have been intrigued by Cirque du Soleil for many years, but we have not gone together as a family because the tickets were just too costly. Ellie and Ethan have both had the good fortune to be able to see a show due to the generosity of some of their friends.

My turn finally came last week. I found some great ticket deals for the "Kurios: Cabinet of Curiosities" show on Facebook. So, on Friday, Larr and I attended an afternoon matinee. It was amazing! I tried to describe it for my family, but I simply could not. Every single detail is carefully thought through; it is a well-oiled, impressive machine.

I was trying to tell my mother about the show as she showed great interest.She said that she would love to go see one of their shows some day. I went home, intending to give her the gift of a show for Christmas. Larry encouraged me to take her this weekend. We've come to value doing things with those we love, or giving them things that make us think of them, as we come across them, instead of waiting. We've come to learn that sometimes, waiting can result in it not happening. No need to put it off, Mom and I attended on Sunday. And she had a blast!
We intentionally arrived early so that my mom could take it all in. I knew that she would enjoy the ambiance of the gift shop and the entire set-up. As you see here, that was a great plan. We love being silly together.


I loved the show the second time as much as I enjoyed it the first time around. I even purchased the soundtrack since it was so upbeat and fun. I have included a YouTube link below where you can listen to it, too.
Back at home, I still had so many of the images from the show in my head, so I decided to draw a few of them. I wanted to add in the men wearing fish tails, but I ran out of time.


Here's a few videos to help you get an idea of what the show is like:













No comments: