Sunday, January 27, 2008

Beautiful Film Week







While looking at the blogs other people list on their sidebar I found Abby Trys Again and her entry for Beautiful Film Week. Here she details an interesting film, "Spring, Summer,Fall, Winter...and Spring." It is an intriguing Korean movie that was made available by Sony in 2004. I loved the photos on her entry and the amazingly beautiful website for the movie, so I rented it. It is so different from how we live our lives in America. It made me wonder if people still live like they did in the movie. I imagine that a few still do, though it is slowly becoming lost. It made me think of the student that I had join my class when he was 18 years old. His childhood had been spent in a very rural part of China where he learned to meditate and stay still enough that dragonflies would land on his arm. He spent hours, indeed, days alone in the country. He and I would talk about the contrast between that life and the one he was living in the city. I found beauty in the life he described. I think he was yet too young to find the beauty in it himself.
I looked through as many of the links as I had time for; I intend to go back and finish my perusing later. Another day I will list a film or two of my own choosing. What would you list?

No comments: