Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Cross Stitched Gift For My Mom



One afternoon last May I was shopping with my Mom. I needed to make a stop at the cross stitch store so she came in with me. While there she fell in love with this pattern by Bent Creek. It is called Autumn Snapperland. It was fun having her pick out her own stuff. I used linen and mostly silk threads. It was a real splurge, but wonderful to do. It is very different from the patterns I do for myself. I loved sitting down for a while as often as I could to work on it, thinking of my Mom and how much I love her. Chesterfield, my departed kitten love, would often sit in my lap and put up with my stitching above her head. There are other seasons in the Snapperland sets. I may opt to do another one. They also have a series I like called Trilogy.

No comments: