Friday, January 18, 2008

Quilts I Love - Valentine's Day Themed Quilts







The Great American Quilt Factory is across town from where I live. It is my favorite quilting store. We have many others that have wonderful folk who staff them, but this one has all of the bright and fun fabrics I love. I can't get there often because of the hours they keep, the distance I live away from it and the rush hour traffic that lies in between. It is both a good and bad thing. Anyhow, I had planned to visit the store for about two months. I was dieing to see what new fabrics they had gotten in. I finally made it to the store last Sunday. I am posting a few of their Valentine's Day quilts. I love them.




I will call this first one "Purple Hearts." What I love about this one is the calm use of color, the two tone stripe next to the hearts and the occasional bit of yellow here and there. Without it this quilt would have a totally different feel. I think this might be one of their own patterns. Great American Quilt Factory is also home to Possibilities, the quilt pattern and book company.


The next quilt we will call "Plaid Love." My daughter would love this one. I think they did a masterful job of using lots of patterns together. I love the use of golden yellow and fuchsia in this one.

The last one, my favorite of the bunch, I will call "Radiant Sun Hearts." I am ALWAYS drawn to this pattern. I am not sure why. I have the pattern and plans to make one that is similar to this one, but done in shades of blue and purple. The triangles on my pattern are longer and more pointy. I am not even sure why I am always drawn to it. It is just one of those consistencies in my life.
On another day I will share more images from that fun trip. And oh, by the way, I had amazing self control and only bought tiny bits of fabric to may small hand sewn hearts as part of a Valentine's Day gift.

No comments: