Friday, January 11, 2008

My State Champion


Wednesday evening my cutie of a daughter was awarded the 2007 Colorado State Cyclocross Best Cross Racer in the Junior Woman's 10-12 division jacket. This is a very big and exciting deal. She was thrilled with the award and even happier when she saw the new design. She has worn it since then. This is not an award saying that she is the fastest rider, but one that awards her for her consistently high effort and results over the season. Part of what made winning this such a big deal is that she is in the youngest end of the category (having started in this group when she was actually 9 years old) and it is her first year. Her head coach says she could excel in any sport that she focuses on. Who woulda' guessed. I am not sure where that athletic talent came from. I lettered in 5 sports, but was never top in any of them.
I am just so proud of her. :) She can hardly wait for the next season to start in February!

No comments: