Friday, November 03, 2006

Altered Boxes - Natalie's Case

I love to alter items. Right now I am crazy for boxes. Truth is, I love fun containers, and making them is a blast. This box started out nice enough, but I just had to alter it. I used a set of coordinated papers that I cut up and assembled in a collage like manner. Then I used my Cricut personal electronic cutter and the Mini Monograms cartridge to cut out the letters of her name. Next, I ran soft twill ribbon through my xyron machine and added to protect the corners. The twill is happy to bend on the edge and accomodate the curves without fussing. Then I covered it all in Mod Podge. After this was done, I added rhinestone bling and lots of fun ribbon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The case is even more fabulous in person! It currently houses my WIPs and other miscellaneous crafty goodness. Congrats on your blog Tam--it's going to be great! xxoo