Monday, November 13, 2006



This is a gift that I made for a friend of mine. This way I know it is not something she already has. The letters are made of chipboard. Most of them come from the Lil' Davis company. I like the fact that you can use the positive and negative spaces from the cut-outs. They were originally some other pattern, black with white polka dots. I simply covered them with paper that I liked. Some letters are covered with art glitter (extra small, fancy glitter). The letters are stuck on with the large glue dots so that they are a bit 3D. This all fits in a frame intended for a panoramic photo. I painted it to match. The photo of my friend is on a translucent tag that came from a scrapbooking company, Heidi Grace, I think. It could have just as easily been on a paper tag. Part of the fun of making these is thinking about the person as I am making their name on the picture.

No comments: