Sunday, November 05, 2006

Ben's Altered Art Box


This is a box for markers and a pad of paper that I made for my young friend, Ben. The coolest thing about this box is that I was able to feature some of his own art on the box. I took a drawing he had done of Spiderman on an 8.5 x 11" paper and used a special Kodak Photo machine to copy it onto a 3 x 5" photo. I was so impressed that I had them make three copies.
The tin lunch box started out white. I put on rubber gloves, grabbed some gauze and used a blue Staz-On ink pad to apply the ink on the areas that would not be covered with paper. The letters and shapes were cut using my Cricut machine. I attached everything using 3M Photo Mount spray glue. It is acid free and hassle free for me. I covered all the paper surfaces, including the photo of Ben's drawing, with three layers of Mod Podge, for protection.

No comments: