Thursday, November 09, 2006





These are the newest elements of my Thanksgiving display. They are made from 3"x3"x1" wooden blocks. They could be made from paper mache blocks just as easily. If you wanted to make them with paper mache, I would suggest adding a weight inside of the boxes to make them more stable. I cut 2" letters and their corresponding shadows out with my Cricut machine and the George and Basic Shapes cartridge that comes with the machine. I then cut 2 1/2" background papers, attaching them with 3m Photo Mount Spray Adhesive. Next, I planned out the letters and embellishements. Letters that did not have something attached to them were run through a xyron and adhered to the block. The others got embellishments, like ribbon and fun paper clips attached to them. Those were attached to the block using good bottle glue and a few glue dots. They were a lot of fun to make. I made one extra set for my dearest friend.

1 comment:

TMaYaD said...

Hiii,
Nice hobby you got there.

say what, a couple of years back there used to be a novel running here. It stopped in the middle and I forgot all about it till now, when I was tagging all my old posts when I shifted to blogger beta.

I blogged about it here

thought you might be interested to know.