Friday, November 17, 2006

Thanksgiving Swap Box

A friend and I love to send each other holiday boxes. They are really preholiday boxes of good stuff because they contain stuff to decorate with. Her box arrived first. I was so excited, that I took it all apart before I took a photo of it. This, however, is what I sent her. It has some really fun stuff. On the towels are two small, really cool bells. One looks like an acorn and the other looks like some sort of squash. I gave her a set of blocks, like the ones posted here. The plate was great find. It came from great shop in an upscale mall here in Cherry Creek. It has a lustre to it, something like an abalone shell. The book in the middle is a Thankful book. My idea is to record what we are each thankful for each year. My life has been such lately, that it is good to remember all that we are blessed with. Lives change or end drastically and suddenly sometimes. Also, it will be fun to see how it changes over the years. I also cut out all of the items need to make name cards, but left that for her or her kids to do. Finally, I included Thanksgiving guides I got from Sur La Table and William Somona. I will try to be better about posting what she sends me next time.

No comments: