Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December Daily # 16 ~ A Calm Evening with Ethan

Today was another emotionally exhausting day at work, just as I would expect this time of year. Thankfully I was able to come home for a fine tonic of knitting and a movie with my boy.
It was the very thing I needed.

This is a scarf that I have been knitting on and off for a while. It is the linen stitch; I really like the way it looks.It is sort of soothing to knit. It is also an attempt to loosen up and let go a bit. I usually knit things with complex patterns and/or color ways. I like my riot of color controlled. This started out as a kit and I added more colors to it. I like the random effect, but I also find myself wanting to do the colors in an orderly manner. It is also different because I usually do things in the round - hats and mittens mostly. This scarf is 350 stitches long, with fringe on both ends. I am not sure if I will keep the scarf, or give it away as a gift to someone. That is part of the fun of knitting - having something to use or give as a gift.

While I knitted Ethan and I watched "Moonrise Kingdom." I love that movie.



What movies are you enjoying? I'd be happy for some more Christmas movie titles that are worth watching.

No comments: