Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Creative Kid Swap - a Friendship Born!


I began a blog for a few reasons. Partially to keep track, in a bigger picture way, of my own progress. I have also done it so that my firends who do not live near can see what we are doing. I also did it in hopes of finding a community of people like myself. Some people just don't get what I am about artistically. Some are inspired, some are intimidated, some just like to look. That's all okay, but I love it when I can converse with others who are under the "need to create" grip.

Lucky for me, this has begun to happen. Peg (you can see her link on my sideboard) and I have become fast friends. The cool thing is that two of our kids are developing a friendship, too. The photos here show their first exchange. Peg's son, Jake, made this wonderful blue set of gifts for Ellie. SHe simply adores it. The colors are perfect and he hit on all the kinds of things she loves. Many of the wonderful details that he included, like the tiny glass beads to add sparkle, are not readily visible here. The items he sent are much more lovely in real life. Ellie made him this oh-so-clever dog mailbox. She simply amazes me - she has such a wonderful vision. She has used glue dots to give the snout and ears dimension. She has also used one to attach the tail.

Tomorrow I will post what I sent to Peg.

2 comments:

Peg said...

You are SO kind! Jake can hardly put the dog mailbox down!! It's his pride and joy right now!!! You're both the best!!

Emmie said...

wow... so lovely dog mailbox.... thats really so creative and artistic as well.... i just loved to go through your blog....i would surely like to visit again.... well u can too drop by My Blog sometimes... hope u will find it interesting...!!!