Friday, January 05, 2007

Work, Work, Work

I a fantasy that goes like this: In the morning I get up to a clean kitchen. The dishes in the dishwasher are done. No one needs me to make them breakfast. I start the kettle for a spot of warm tea and lovely toast. The other rooms in the house are clean. No one needs me to play taxi. I have new papers waiting for me in the craft room. It seems like a small fantasy, but it can't seem to materialize. It seems that as I am cleaning one part of the house, another gets dirty. The washing machine is prefecting the trick of seeming to create more laundry than I would think four of us could produce. How is it that even though I clean as I cook, the kitchen is still dirty?

Wednesday I cleaned and dealt with mundane elements of life. Thursday I did deep cleaning with the kids and my dear hubbie so that we could clean the carpets. WOuld you believe that it took 11 hours? Today we awoke to MORE SNOW. By noon we had about another 7" of the white powder. I finally got some important stuff sent out. I will post pictures of them after they have arrived at their destinations. After running errands and doing returns, I shoveled the walks. An excited squirrel chattered at me the entire time. I was not sure if he was mad for some reason, or if he wanted a snow-free pathway to the next tree. Just to be sure, I plowed him a path. The afternoon finally bought some fun when the family went to the nature and science museum. We saw the rerun of the Shakelton Anartic Expedition IMAX show. What amazing men they were! It was a good way to end the day. I go back to work on Monday. I want to have as much fun and creative time as possible during the next two days - and would you believe that I am beginning to feel ill?!

No comments: